By Deborah Rey Burns
'Last Night This Island Saved My Life..’
1. Monopoly, a sweet reminder from our youth. We leave it in situ, to be returned to at any time (like a jigsaw), preferably with a glass of Pinot.
2. TV Remote, each night when Netfix goes to town on my feelings, this navigates my way around my new world.
3. Samba LP, for trying to keep up with our Tuesday latin dance lessons
4. Reading Book, The Power is Within You by Louise Hay. Had this book for years, but never read it, what a time to rediscover it.
5. Cookbook, Bazaar by Sabrina Ghayour, because her Persian recipes are to die for.
6. Cocktail Shaker, has never been so used thanks to a timely Cocktail Masterclass in February. There are no coincidences!
7. Bompas & Parr Cocktail Recipes, a book that just keeps on giving. It was brand new at the beginning of C-19, now very dog-earred and stained.
8. Head Scarf, to hide your hair during runs, zoom, and around the flat. Oh and it looks nice.
9. Mobile, to keep in touch with friends & family and all social media has to offer. Though, not touched on weekends.
10. iPad, more social media, whatapp and assorted titbits.
11. Face mask, told to wear one, then to leave it off, oh then wear it. Better safe than sorry.
12. Skull Head scarf, useful to wear on daily exercise, and useful for frightening other queuers at Sainsbury’s.
13. Rubber Gloves, for those supermarket trips.
14. Headphones, invaluable around the house, and around the streets during exercise. And to keep ears warm.
15. iWatch, to track those daily runs.